To determine whether the work you are doing is classified as notifiable non-licensed work (NNLW), check the NNLW information.

Once you have confirmed the work is NNLW, you need to notify it to the relevant enforcing authority. Do this online, via a computer or Smartphone, at the online notifications form. All three possible enforcing authorities can be notified via this route. This is the only method of notification – you can’t notify by phone or post;

Notice should be given before the work starts – there is no minimum notice period. You do not need to wait for permission to permission from the enforcing authority – the database will provide a PDF copy of your notification. If you are a licensed asbestos contractor carrying out NNLW work, you will still need to notify.